Snowflake Connector for Python¶
The Snowflake Connector for Python provides an interface for developing Python applications that can connect to Snowflake and perform all standard operations. It provides a programming alternative to developing applications in Java or C/C++ using the Snowflake JDBC or ODBC drivers.
The connector is a native, pure Python package that has no dependencies on JDBC or ODBC. It can be installed using
Linux, MacOS, and Windows platforms where Python is installed.
The connector supports developing applications using the Python Database API v2 specification (PEP-249), including using the following standard API objects:
Connectionobjects for connecting to Snowflake.
Cursorobjects for executing DDL/DML statements and queries.
SnowSQL, the command line client provided by Snowflake, is an example of an application developed using the connector.
- Installing the Python Connector
- Using the Python Connector
- Using Pandas DataFrames with the Python Connector
- Distributing Workloads That Fetch Results With the Snowflake Connector for Python
- Using the Snowflake SQLAlchemy Toolkit with the Python Connector
- Python Connector API
- Dependency Management Policy for the Python Connector