Snowflake Connector for Python¶
The Snowflake Connector for Python provides an interface for developing Python applications that can connect to Snowflake and perform all standard operations. It provides a programming alternative to developing applications in Java or C/C++ using the Snowflake JDBC or ODBC drivers.
The connector is a native, pure Python package that has no dependencies on JDBC or ODBC. It can be installed using
Linux, macOS, and Windows platforms where a
supported version of Python is installed.
The connector supports developing applications using the Python Database API v2 specification (PEP-249), including using the following standard API objects:
Connectionobjects for connecting to Snowflake.
Cursorobjects for executing DDL/DML statements and queries.
SnowSQL, the command line client provided by Snowflake, is an example of an application developed using the connector.
- Installing the Python Connector
- Using the Python Connector
- Using Pandas DataFrames with the Python Connector
- Distributing Workloads That Fetch Results With the Snowflake Connector for Python
- Using the Snowflake SQLAlchemy Toolkit with the Python Connector
- Python Connector API
- Dependency Management Policy for the Python Connector