External functions are user-defined functions that are stored and executed outside of Snowflake.
External functions make it easier to access external API services such as geocoders, machine learning models, and other custom code running outside of Snowflake. This feature eliminates the need to export and reimport data when using third-party services, significantly simplifying your data pipelines.
- Introduction to External Functions
- Remote Service Input and Output Data Formats
- Designing High-Performance External Functions
- External Functions Best Practices
- Creating External Functions on AWS
- Creating External Functions on GCP
- Creating External Functions on Microsoft Azure
- Securing an External Function