Snowflake SQL REST API¶
The Snowflake SQL API is a REST API that you can use to access and update data in a Snowflake database. You can use this API to develop custom applications and integrations that:
Manage your deployment (e.g. provision users and roles, create tables, etc.)
The Snowflake SQL API provides operations that you can use to:
Submit SQL statements for execution.
Check the status of the execution of a statement.
Cancel the execution of a statement.
- Introduction to the SQL API
Get an overview of the API.
- About the SQL API Endpoints
Learn about the endpoints that make up the API.
- Authenticating to the Server
Use OAuth or Key Pair to authenticate with the Snowflake server.
- Submitting a Request to Execute SQL Statements
Set up and submit requests using an API endpoint.
- Handling Responses
Check request status and get results and other data after a request.
- Submitting Multiple SQL Statements in a Single Request
Send multiple SQL statements in a single API request.
- Creating and Calling Stored Procedures
Create a stored procedure by specifying it in the body of a request.
- Using Explicit Transactions
Execute SQL in a transaction by specifying the start, end, and statements in the transaction.
- Getting Details About an Error
Retrieve error information.
- Canceling the Execution of a SQL Statement
Cancel SQL statement execution.
- Snowflake SQL API Reference
Read details about the operations, objects, HTTP headers, and response codes for this API.
- Deprecated Functionality
Learn about deprecated functionality.